What is Balbuquerque?
Thanks for asking….Balbuquerque is a community of dancers who are dedicated to spreading the love of all forms of swing dancing. Balbuquerque was conceived in the spring of 2014 and has blossomed into a dedicated group of friends that
organize weekly classes, special events, exchanges, workshops, and now a weekly dance celebrating Lindyhop, Charleston, Shag, Solo Jazz, and of course, Balboa!
We want to create the most welcoming and most fun dance community ever! As Han Solo said of the Millenium Falcon, “She may not look like much, but she’s got it where it counts, kid.”
So come dance with us!
We pledge to:
1. Promote the continued existence and growth of swing dancing and swing music, in all of its forms, in Albuquerque, the surrounding vicinities, and all parts of the
2. Encourage the continued involvement and development of dancers plus the
addition of beginning dancers to the community. Every master was once a beginner.
3. Provide kick ass venues and music for these dancers.
4. Be inclusive of as diverse a group as possible. Because Balbuquerque loves
diversity. It’s boring if we’re all the same.
5. Remain actively involved in community action and leadership.
6. Maintain a swing dance community that is friendly, welcoming, supportive,
physically and emotionally safe for ALL dancers.
7. Ask people of all abilities to dance. Dancing is why we’re here.
8. Last but not least, Balbuquerque pledges to bring the FUN!
*Big thank you to Austin Swing Syndicate for having clear, concise, and
generally fabulous goals that we basically stole.
So, what are you waiting for? Come dancing!